Tutors to support student learning: register here
Victorian schools are recruiting approximately 4100 tutors to support students in catching up with any learning they may have missed due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
If you are a pre-service teacher, a teacher on leave, a teacher working part-time who is looking for more hours, a recently retired teacher or a casual relief teacher – we need you!
We need your help, as a teaching professional, to ensure no student is left behind.
This is part of the largest initiative in the state's history to provide students with extra individual support, with $250 million being invested in this initiative.
Victorian teachers have done a remarkable job this year and with the additional support of onsite tutors, these teaching teams can ensure that students have dedicated and individualised support throughout 2021.
Tutors are needed in every government school, and every non-government school that needs support. We'll need tutors for primary, secondary and specialist schools – starting from the beginning of the 2021 school year. Hours will vary depending on the needs of the school. Tutors will be working on the school site.
We're inviting you to register your interest now, so that we can provide you with more information in the coming weeks.
To register, please complete the fields below.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you are:
- currently registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- have 'Permission to Teach' from the VIT
- a pre-service teacher working under the supervision of an experienced teacher
- a retired teacher. If you're a retired teacher, please contact the
VIT to get support to re-register.
Register to become a tutor in a Government school
You are now invited to complete your registration through the
Department of Education and Training’s Recruitment Online Portal
If you don’t already have an account, you will need to create one and submit your CV/resume, and work preferences to Job Opportunities as follows:
- Go to the portal and click on 'Add your resume to ROL Job Opportunities'
- Sign in with your existing details, or register as a new user
- Complete the guided step by step process, and ensure you select 'R0001 P- Tutor' when adding Role Type under the Preference step. This is important to ensure you are considered for the right role.
- Schools will access the talent pool in Recruitment Online to make their selection. To assist with the selection process, please provide as much information as possible at each of the steps, including attaching your CV/Resume.
If you already have an existing job opportunity – go to My Activities, select that opportunity, and update the Preference step with 'R0001 - Tutor' as the role type. This will ensure you are considered for the right role.
For additional information about the registration process please access the
support information or contact
Pre-register to become a tutor in a Catholic or Independent school