In 2018 the Department recognised we needed more Victorians enrolled in skills and training. We also needed training courses to be easier to access. Our solution was to introduce Free TAFE.
The 2019 Free TAFE report card (pdf - 2.65mb) shows that free TAFE has been an overwhelming success.
In 2019 (compared to 2018) Free TAFE had:
- almost double the amount of enrolments
- 118 per cent more women in TAFE
- double as many learners with a disability
- a 75 per cent increase in enrolments in regional Victoria
- double the number of culturally and linguistically diverse students.