- Is your organisation achieving great things through the provision of nationally recognised training for your employees?
you improving training opportunities for apprentices and trainees in your organisation?
Be recognised for your hard work and commitment to employee training and get the chance to win $5000 in prize money with a Victorian Training Award nomination!
The awards acknowledge the outstanding efforts of apprentices, students, teachers, employers and training providers. This includes apprentices or trainees who have excelled over the past 12 months and employers who have contributed positively to Victoria's vocational education and training sector.
For employers, there are four specific award categories aimed at highlighting the important role that Victorian organisations play in providing positive training opportunities for their employees:
- Small Employer of the Year Award - open to organisations employing less than 20 full-time equivalent employees
- Medium Employer of the Year Award - open to organisations employing between 20 and 199 full-time equivalent employees
- Large Employer of the Year Award - open to organisations employing 200 or more full-time equivalent employees
- Employer Award for Apprenticeship Development - be an employer of a Victorian apprentices or trainees at some time between 1 January 2020 – 5 June 2021 and have a formalised contract of training of apprenticeship or traineeship.
We want to hear from you! Help us celebrate apprentices, trainees, employers, trainers and organisations in the vocational education and training sector by
submitting a nomination today.
The VTA also offer a free Writing Assistance Program to help with your nominations. In 2020, one quarter of all applications who used this service made it to the finalist stage, so it is a great way to ensure your application ticks the right boxes. This is a free service available to all applicants.
About the awards
Now in their 67th year, the prestigious Victorian Training Awards celebrate the TAFE and training sector in Victoria with 15 general award categories, including People's Choice awards and the Lynne Kosky Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement.
Meet the 2020 Employer category winners
The 2020 Victorian Training Award recognised
Swan Plumbing Supplies in the Medium and Large Employer categories respectively. Click on their name above to learn more about them in the 2020 VTA Winner video.
Nominations close Friday 4 June
For more information about the Victorian Training Awards, refer to the
VTA website or download the
nomination guide (pdf - 6.15mb). Make sure you also follow them on social media.
The awards are supported by 2019-2021 Principal Partner, the Apprenticeship Employment Network, and the Global Apprenticeship Network.