Find a mentor
There are many different ways mentors and provisionally registered teachers can find each other. Some of these options may depend on your early childhood setting type and location.
You may find the following suggestions helpful in connecting with a mentor:
- use the mentor map below
- if your service does not have a mentor, your employer/manager could approach a nearby service to see if they have a mentor or an experienced teacher available to mentor you
- if your employer operates multiple services, they may be able to connect you with a mentor or experienced teacher from another service they operate
- if you are not the only teacher at your service and if appropriate, ask your manager to send the other teacher(s) to undertake the Effective Mentoring program (see How to Become a Mentor below)
- become a member of relevant Victorian early childhood teacher social media pages and advertise that you are looking for a mentor
- if you can not find a mentor located within a reasonable distance to you, consider working with them by video and phone calls, emails and video recordings etc.
- use your professional network or alumni contacts.
The below map lists over 40 mentors who may be available to guide you through the Victorian Institute of Teaching's process to become fully registered. All of these mentors have undertaken the Effective Mentoring Program.
If you have any questions, or to add your service details to the mentor map, contact the early childhood mentoring team at