Item uses these practice principles: Partnerships with families, High expectations for every child, Respectful relationships and responsive engagement, Equity and diversity
Item responds to these sub-outcomes: Not applicable
The Inclusion in Early Childhood Professional Learning Bundle is a collection
of materials to support educators in building knowledge and contemporary practices around inclusion in the early years. The learning bundle includes online learning modules, ECA publications and inclusion statements, curated
The bundle includes:
- Professional Partnerships for Early Childhood Education (online learning module)
- Anti-bias Approaches in Early Childhood (online webcast presentation)
- Statement on the Inclusion of Children in Early Childhood Education and are (PDF booklet, free download)
- Statement on Inclusion of Children with Disability (PDF booklet, free
- Cultural Inclusion (hardcopy)
- Understanding Behaviour: Supporting Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (online learning module)
- Gifted and Talented: Inclusion and Exclusion (hardcopy)
- Inclusive Pedagogy from a Child’s Perspective (hardcopy)
After completing the professional learning, educators will have explored a range of topics including:
- cultural competence and inclusive pedagogy, including working with children on the autism spectrum
- partnerships with Early Childhood Intervention programs and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- the differences between anti-bias approaches and inclusive practices, including a variety of theories and perspectives that have shaped antibias approaches
- a team approach to creating inclusive early childhood settings, including how to create change with a view to equity
- the importance of collaborative partnerships with families and community in inclusion.
Full bundle (discounted package): $149.27
- Professional Partnerships for Early Childhood Education: $45 (incl. GST)
- Anti-bias Approaches in Early Childhood: $25 (incl. GST)
- Statement on the Inclusion of Children in Early Childhood Education and Care: Free
- Statement on Inclusion of Children with Disability: Free
- Understanding Behaviour: Supporting Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: $45 (incl. GST)
- Cultural Inclusion: $16.95 (incl. GST, excl. postage)
- Gifted and Talented: Inclusion and Exclusion: $16.95 (incl. GST, excl. postage)
- Inclusive Pedagogy from a Child’s Perspective: $16.95 (incl. GST, excl. postage)
Plus postage costs (on additional individual hard copy publications)
Target Population: educators.
Program/practice descriptions and details: the professional learning bundle is a blended, flexible, self-assessed program that can be used by
individuals or teams. It integrates online learning and professional reading,
two research-based approaches to enabling educators to engage in
sustained learning on a topic. All content undergoes independent quality
assurance reviews before being made available.
Program adaptability: ECA is experienced in providing professional learning to rural and remote services.
Staffing: services should consider the cost of backfill in determining the cost of accessing this resource.
Training requirements: the professional learning bundle is suitable for early childhood educators at all stages of their career. There are no minimum numbers and the package can be scaled to suit all service types and sizes.
Supervision/coaching: fact sheets with tips and ideas on how to implement the professional learning bundle in services are available. Services that
buy the bundle have access to a ‘how-to’ guide, as well as phone and email
support from the ECA customer service team to set up and make the most of
the learning management system and the online learning.
Implementation model: the bundle can be used by individuals or teams. Publications can be shared with families and across educator teams;
webcasts can be viewed in groups or as a whole team; and online learning
modules can be utilised by individual educators and reflected upon with the
whole team. There are also opportunities for educators to take their learning
further with additional reading and resources suggestions.
Once purchased, services have access to the online learning for 12 months.
They can also access the provider’s learning management system to track
professional learning and download or print certificates of completion.
Tools and systems: Services will need access to a PC or tablet with reliable internet access.
Australian experience: the provider is regarded as the peak early childhood advocacy organisation in Australia, acting in the interests of young children, their families and those in the early childhood field. Its quality assurance protocol includes monitoring content for relevance to the Australian early childhood community.
Current best implementation knowledge: the bundle is designed to be flexible and used by individuals, families and whole services. Fact sheets with
each bundle allow services to be in control of their learning, and implement
change according to their needs.
Access and inclusion
Strength of Evidence
Level 6 – Supported by expert