Find out more about the assessment process and the rating of your service.
The assessment and rating process provides you and your staff the opportunity to show your service's:
- overall quality
- and areas of improvement.
We will assess your service against the seven quality areas of the
National Quality Standard (NQS). Your quality rating reflects these assessments.
There are five possible quality rating outcomes:
- Excellent - awarded by the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Exceeding National Quality Standard
- Meeting National Quality Standard
- Working Towards National Quality Standard
- Significant Improvement required.
You will receive a final report and notice of rating at the end of the assessment process. You must display the notice so that it is visible from the main entrance of the service premises.
Service ratings national register
All services ratings are available to the public at:
The assessment and rating process
Our authorised officers will visit your service to do an assessment and give your service a rating. Find out more about
what to expect before, during and after the visit
Find out more
videos and podcasts will help you explain the NQF to families and educators.
Learn more about the NQS and the National Quality Framework (NQF):