The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
An employee may be eligible for reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses actually and necessarily incurred in the course of his or her authorised duties in the following circumstances:
- expenses associated with an overnight absence from home or part day duties away from their base location;
- travel and removal expenses on relocation
- expenses incurred in using private vehicles
- expenses incurred to travel to attend an interview
- other out of pocket expenses considered necessary and reasonable.
Reimbursement of expenses is subject to the requirements of Part 7 of Ministerial Order 1038.
For comprehensive policy and processing information concerning reimbursement of expenses see the information below.
Teaching Service | Public Service
Policy and Guidelines
- Reimbursement of Travel and Personal Expenses Guide Teaching Service - last updated 23 May 2018 (PDF) (WORD)
Procedures & Forms
- Application to use a private vehicle on official duty (WORD)
- Travel expenses claim form school based staff (WORD)
- Application for payment of relocation expenses (WORD)
- Travel and Personal Expenses Administration procedures (WORD)
Other Department policy information
Australian Taxation Office information