Enrol in child care

Starting child care is an important milestone in your life and your child's life.

Once you have chosen a child care service that has a place available and meets the needs of your family, you need to enrol your child.

Information you need to provide

  • child’s name and address and details of any special needs
  • information about yourself and any other parents, carers or guardians
  • details of the people who can pick up your child
  • child’s birth certificate or other identity documents
  • details of any parenting orders or legal matters to do with the care or safety of your child (the child care service must keep your information private)
  • your child’s medical health and immunisation status.

No Jab No Play

To have your child's enrolment confirmed, you need to give the service a current immunisation history statement from the Australian Immunisation Register.

The statement must show your child is up to date with all vaccinations that are due for their age. Or they're up to date with the vaccinations they're able to receive.

This is known as "No Jab No Play".

The immunisation history statement from the Australian Immunisation Register is the only document accepted for enrolments. Letters from GPs or local councils are not accepted.

You can find out more about No Jab No Play on the Better Health Channel.

No Jab No Play and income support

You need to keep your child's vaccinations current to receive some family assistance payments.

For more information, visit the Australian Department of Human Services or visit a Centrelink or Medicare Service Centre.