The new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) is now available. This page will be redirected to PAL from the start of Term 3. Make sure to update your bookmarks to the new PAL site.
Purpose of this topic
To describe the documents and forms that assist student health support planning.
Note: For consent requirements for any form see: Decision Making Responsibilities for Students within
This table describes the plans that must be completed for specific student health support needs.
Medication and authorisation
This table describes the forms used to authorise and administer student medications.
See: Medication within
|Form ||The form |
Medication Authority Form (doc - 64kb)
- is for students requiring medication to be administered at school, other than the following conditions that have their own specific forms:
- should be completed by the student’s:
- medical/health practitioner or if unable to obtain then the parent/carer or the student if they are an adult independent student.
Medication Log (Word - 51Kb)
- is used by the principal or nominee when administering the taking of medication. The school may choose to use an equivalent official medication register instead.
Confidential Medical Information for School Council Approved School Excursion
- must be completed annually by the parent/guardian of each student in advance of school council approved excursion.
This table identifies forms that:
- provide descriptions of a student’s:
- health conditions
- support requirements
- first aid requirements
- are completed by the student’s medical/health practitioner.
Personal care advice
This table describes forms that provide descriptions of a student’s personal care requirements.
Many schools have developed their own forms to assist student health support planning. These schools can continue to use their forms as long as they contain the information provided in the forms above.