This information has moved to the new Policy and Advisory Library (PAL). The content is an archive only and is no longer being maintained. For accurate advice visit PAL.
School councils have the authority to develop and implement dress codes for their students as outlined in legislation relating to dress codes.
Schools work with their school communities in:
- developing and reviewing dress codes
- implementing and enforcing dress codes
All dress codes must meet:
- human rights and anti-discrimination requirements
- include an exemption process
- health and safety considerations
- requirements relating to uniform supply arrangements.
Schools also work with the State Schools' Relief to support students in need as well as supporting their fundraising activities.
The policies within this section are: