Learn more about supporting students with diverse learning needs at these free courses starting in Term 1, 2023
Applications have opened for courses starting in Term 1, 2023 to strengthen inclusive teaching practice.
The Inclusive Classrooms professional learning program helps school staff build their capability to support students with diverse learning needs, enabling all students to be their best.
Applications for courses starting in Term 1, 2023 close Monday 6 February.
Courses starting in Term 1, 2023
The Inclusive Classrooms professional learning program will offer the following blended learning courses starting in Term 1, 2023:
- Supporting Students with Autism
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties including Dyslexia
- Supporting Students with Oral Language and Learning
- Supporting Students with Hearing Loss
- Supporting Students with Vision Impairment
- Supporting Student Behaviour.
The courses are free for all Victorian government school staff. Each course provides up to 20 hours of accredited professional learning for Victorian Institute of Teaching registration and other professional associations.
During the eight weeks, participants will:
- complete self-paced online professional learning supported by a facilitator (it is recommended participants spend two hours a week working through the online learning)
- collaborate and reflect with others in online discussions
- actively participate in two 1.5 hour face-to-face or virtual conferencing sessions (held after school hours)
- complete two assignments to ensure learning is meaningful and applied.
To register for a Term 1, 2023 course, refer to the Inclusive Classrooms catalogue on the Victorian Deaf Education Institute (VDEI) website.
Online learning available at any time
The following free, fully online eLearning modules are also available for teachers to access at any time and complete at their own pace:
- Human Rights Approach to Diversity and Inclusion (30 minutes accredited professional learning)
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties including Dyscalculia (three hours accredited professional learning).
To access the modules, refer to the Inclusive Classrooms catalogue.
Find out more
For further enquiries, contact the Inclusive Classrooms team via email: email@example.com