Teachers have been at the frontline of our schools and communities during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
In the lead-up to school holidays, watch this short thank you video from Dr. David Howes, Deputy Secretary Schools and Regional Services.
End-of-term reflective questions
The following questions are designed to help you reflect and think about your experiences at the end of term. Reflecting on what you've learnt and how you've grown personally and professionally can help you recharge and thrive when school returns.
Consider sharing your answers at your next staff meeting, with your mentor, or with a trusted colleague.
Your experience of this term:
- What was it like for you?
- How did you adapt your work?
- What stayed the same?
- What was good about the experience?
- What part was most challenging?
- What did you find surprising or interesting?
The events that were significant to you:
- What stood out to you in Term 2?
- What new skill(s) did you learn?
- What have you learnt about yourself, your relationships or your attitudes?
- What emotions did your experiences evoke?
- How has your understanding of your work and position changed as a result of this experience?
The next steps from this experience:
- How will you apply what you learnt from this term moving forward?
- What follow-up is needed to address any personal challenges or difficulties you face?
- If you were to experience this term again, what, if anything, would you do differently?
- What is your next step in preparing for next term?
The Wellbeing Webinar series will be continuing into Term 3 and is a good way to keep on top of your wellbeing.
Register for one of the Wellbeing Webinars
You will need to log in first
If you need a little extra support, the Employee Assistance Program is available for short-term counselling via phone or video conference. Call 1300 361 008 to make a booking.
More information on resources and services to support your health, safety and wellbeing can be found on the COVID-19 Employee health, safety and wellbeing supports for schools web page.
Access more information and support
Find out what resources and services are available in schools