Celebrate and support diverse learners. Registrations close 3 June 2022
Registrations are open for teachers to attend the ADHD and Autistic Minds Conference, being held online from Tuesday 7 to Thursday 9 June 2022.
The Yellow Ladybugs – an autistic-led non-government organisation – will deliver the conference, following the success of its 2021 Mental Health and Safety Conference.
The conference will help you better understand and support the learning and wellbeing needs of autistic students and students with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Guest speakers at the conference will include a range of experts, including teachers, psychologists, allied health professionals and individuals with a lived experience of autism or ADHD.
Each speaker will share their experience, insights and strategies to support and understand autistic students or students with ADHD. Topics include:
- understanding the ADHD/autistic mind, and how different parts of the brain work to impact processes such as impulse control and working memory
- supportive and affirming ways to support students with executive functioning differences
- supporting a positive identity and improving self-esteem
- what your students want you to know from their perspective
- supporting authentic social connections for autistic students or students with ADHD.
The department is supporting the conference as an event partner.
The ADHD and Autistic Minds Conference will be delivered over 3 days:
- Tuesday 7 June 2022, 9 am to 6 pm
- Wednesday 8 June 2022, 9 am to 4:45 pm
- Thursday 9 June 2022, 9 am to 2 pm (this in-person event will also be live-streamed).
Platform: online, with the option to attend day 3 in person on Thursday 9 June 2022.
Cost: $40 for full online access, or $120 for full online access plus a ticket to the in-person session on day 3 at Mooney Valley racecourse. Please talk to your principal before registering to attend.
Register by Friday 3 June 2022 at
Yellow Ladybugs ADHD and Autistic Minds Conference.
Registrants will receive a link and login to the conference platform ahead of the conference. Recordings of the conference sessions will be available to view until Saturday 9 July 2022.
This event will be subject to all relevant Victorian COVIDSafe measures in place at the time.
Find out more
For more information, refer to
ADHD and Autistic Minds Conference.
For further enquiries, contact Lia Castorina, Senior Policy Officer, Inclusive Education Division: