Apply for courses starting in Term 1, 2021 to learn more about supporting students with diverse learning needs
Applications are now open for teachers interested in undertaking courses from the Victorian Deaf Education Institute's Inclusive Classrooms catalogue in 2021.
Providing an inclusive school environment is the key to ensuring that all members of every school community are valued and supported to fully participate, learn, develop and succeed.
Inclusive Classrooms offers teachers free, blended-learning courses to improve understanding, assessment and classroom support of students with diverse learning needs, to enable an inclusive school culture to flourish.
The courses provide up to 20 hours of accredited professional learning towards Victorian Institute of Teaching registration and other professional associations.
To apply for a mid-Term 1, 2021 course, refer to the
Inclusive Classrooms catalogue on the Victorian Deaf Education Institute website and apply by Friday 19 February 2021.
Teachers can discuss support for cover by casual relief teachers with their schools.
Courses available in Term 1, 2021
- Supporting Students with Autism
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties including Dyslexia
- Supporting Students with Oral Language and Learning
- Supporting Students with Hearing Loss
- Supporting Students with Vision Impairment
- Supporting Student Behaviour.
These courses build capability in the education workforce to implement inclusive practice and provide learning that:
- provides an interactive and practical blended professional learning experience
- offers self-paced collaborative learning, enhanced by facilitator-led sessions
- focuses on Victorian content, developed by prominent state and national peak bodies
- showcases quality inclusive practice in Victorian schools
- provides practical teaching strategies and reasonable adjustments and supports at school, classroom and individual levels.
Online learning available at any time
The following free, fully online e-learning modules are also available for teachers to access at any time and complete at their own pace:
- Human Rights Approach to Diversity and Inclusion (30 minutes accredited professional learning)
- Supporting Students with Learning Difficulties including Dyscalculia (three hours accredited professional learning).
Find out more
Find out more
Refer to the Inclusive Classrooms catalogue
For further enquiries, email