Learn how to use design thinking to effect change in your school in this course being delivered by Tech Schools
Applications are now open for secondary teachers interested in developing their design thinking skills, in a course being delivered by Victoria's
Tech Schools, beginning March 2021.
Design to Innovate will help teachers develop confidence using design thinking at school.
The course will be delivered over three days staggered across a semester in a blended learning model, where participants will deepen their creative thinking and problem-solving skills and have the chance to collaborate with peers and Tech Schools.
During this immersive professional learning program, participants will learn how to use design thinking to enhance student-led learning, build 21st century skills, and facilitate cultural change in their school.
The course will give participants the chance to see Victorian teachers
sharing their experiences using design thinking and the kinds of changes they have made and seen as a result, both in the classroom and across their school.
The course will be delivered face to face at Tech Schools in each region.
The program has been developed by Tech Schools in partnership with Bastow, teachers and international design thinking experts.
During the course, teachers will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- design thinking, its phases and operation, and its application in practice
- how to integrate design thinking in their practice and in school curriculum
- how reflective practice supports learning, providing feedback on learning and changing future learning and practice
- how design thinking can be implemented across the school environment.
Participants will also use design thinking to create a project, lesson or a unit of work which they will test with students and showcase to peers in the course.
How to apply
The program is open to a school team of two, comprising:
- a middle leader (who has responsibility for, or experience in, curriculum change at a leadership level)
- a classroom teacher (of any subject) who will engage in design thinking as part of their professional practice.
Cost: the course is fully subsidised for participants, and casual relief teacher funding is available to schools.
Find out more, including how to apply
Refer to the Arc website
Find out more
For further enquires, contact Nadine Blair, Senior Policy Officer, Learning, Teaching and Pathways Division, via: