A free webinar for Prep teachers on supporting the kindergarten to school transition is available in Term 4
Prep teachers can register now to attend a webinar on supporting a positive start to school for children in 2021.
The 90-minute webinar, Maximising transition and utilising the Transition Learning and Development Statements (TLDS) in a time of coronavirus (COVID-19), will explore the importance of transitions during coronavirus (COVID-19) and what effective transition processes look like.
Early childhood and school transition experts will facilitate the session, which will cover:
- key elements to achieving effective transitions
- using TLDS to inform planning and practice
- the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the importance of continuity of learning
- teacher visits to kindergartens
- the importance and benefits of Play-Based Learning.
The free webinar will be repeated over multiple sessions during Term 4, to allow participants to choose a date that suits them.
View available dates and register
Visit the Professional learning to support transition to school web page
Find out more
For more information on transitions, refer to policy, guidance and resources on the Policy and Advisory Library (PAL) page:
Transition – Early Childhood to School.