As was the case in Semester 1, student reporting in Semester 2, 2020 will look different to previous years
Student reporting in Semester 2 this year will reflect adjustments that schools have made to their local curriculum programs in response to the needs and aspirations of their school communities, and the disruption caused by coronavirus (COVID-19).
In many cases, this will mean that less curriculum content was covered than was planned.
Student reporting in Semester 2, 2020 should focus on what progress has been made and what has been achieved by each child. Teachers are encouraged to keep reports simple but make them meaningful.
To meet the F-10 student reporting requirements for Semester 2, teachers must:
- provide a written report (print or digital) in an accessible form and easy for parents or carers to understand for Semester 2, 2020
- provide the opportunity for parents, carers and students to discuss the school report with teachers, consistent with each school's usual end-of-year approach but subject to any relevant health advice.
English and Mathematics reporting
For English and Mathematics, teachers must:
- provide a short description of what was taught; and
- report achievement by making a teacher judgement against the Victorian Curriculum F-10 achievement standards; and
- report progress from the last time that the curriculum area was reported on (this should be automatically generated by your reporting software); and
- include an age-related five-point scale (this should also be automatically generated by your reporting software).
All other curriculum areas
For all other curriculum areas delivered, schools must provide a short description of what was taught.
In addition, schools must provide either:
- a teacher judgement against the Victorian Curriculum F-10 achievement standards and/or use a five-point scale (this is optional and should be used only if enough assessment evidence is available); or
- a short comment on progress and achievement in their learning across the semester.
Schools must also provide a comment on student participation and engagement in the learning program offered in Semester 2, 2020 with reference to the Personal and Social Capability in the curriculum.
Find out more
Find out more information
Visit the assessments and student reporting during remote teaching and learning web page
You can also contact Student Reports branch via: