Teachers can access the ActiveLearn Primary online learning platform for free in Term 3
The Department has partnered with leading learning company Pearson Australia to give teachers at Victorian government schools free access to online learning platform ActiveLearn Primary in Term 3.
To gain access, schools need to complete a form on the
Pearson website. Only one form submission is required for each school.
ActiveLearn Primary is an online learning platform for teachers, students and families. It focuses on supporting and developing literacy in primary school students.
Students can read books, play games and earn rewards to consolidate their learning on the platform.
It includes high-interest topics and books featuring popular characters such as Shaun the Sheep and Angelina Ballerina.
There are also more than 2000 interactive embedded activities to support student comprehension of the text.
ActiveLearn Primary features a range of teaching and classroom tools, including:
- a repository of teaching material, including eBooks, activities and quizzes
- tools to assess, track, and report on students' progress
- downloadable teaching notes and templates (such as Blackline Masters)
- support for a range of learners including English as an additional language (EAL) learners and students with reading difficulties or dyslexia.
The platform includes the ability to filter and allocate books by reading ability, guided reading level and a student's
Fountas & Pinnell level.
Accessible on any device in the classroom or at home, ActiveLearn Primary provides access to programs including:
- Bug Club – a literacy and eBook program, with more than 500 level-specific books to develop more confident readers
- Phonics Bug – an engaging series of fiction and non-fiction readers for phonics teaching and learning
- Rapid Reading – a reading intervention program for readers designed to build confidence and comprehension skills, and get reluctant kids reading
- Rapid Phonics – provides extra support with phonics, including decoding skills and audio support for students with dyslexia.
Additional resources including English, Mathematics and Science programs will be added soon.
ActiveLearn Primary also has a dedicated 'Grown-Ups' section for parents, with advice on how to support and monitor their child's learning.