Access webinars and resources on the Tutor Learning Initiative TLI Hub throughout Term 2
The Department will provide professional learning support for tutors throughout Term 2, through the Tutor Learning Initiative (TLI).
Further information on the professional learning is outlined below. The Department will continue to feature professional learning opportunities for tutors in In Our Classrooms.
Term 2 TLI webinars
A range of free TLI professional learning webinars for tutors are available throughout Term 2.
Webinars for tutors will cover topics including:
• trauma informed practice
• planning using the Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO) in a secondary setting • reading comprehension, spelling and vocabulary
• monitoring student learning using formative assessment
• using assessment to support planning and goal setting
• increasing student engagement
• planning for English as an Additional Language learners.
Tutors should refer to the
calendar of webinars and register for the webinars relevant to their individual professional development needs on the
TLI Arc Channel.
Webinars will be recorded and uploaded to the
TLI Arc Channel, generally within 48 hours, with closed-captioned versions available shortly afterwards.
The TLI Hub for tutors to access on-demand professional learning
TLI Hub provides a suite of modules to support tutors recruited to schools through the TLI.
The TLI Hub contains self-paced professional learning resources and guidance to support tutors to build and refresh their small-group teaching skills, including professional reading and videos.
Tutors can access the TLI Hub throughout the year and complete modules most relevant to them, at their own pace.
The TLI Hub includes eight modules to support tutors in their role:
- the small-group learning evidence base
- Victorian Institute of Teaching requirements and important Department policies
- practical strategies for building positive relationships with students
- planning for effective small-group learning
- building effective teaching practices
- inclusive practice, including resources and information about Koorie education, EALD resources and learning difficulties
- using the FISO Improvement Cycle to plan inquiry cycles
- planning for effective literacy and numeracy differentiation.
The TLI Hub should be opened in Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge, not Internet Explorer. If Internet Explorer is your default browser, you can copy and paste the link into Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
Find out more
For further enquiries, including technical support relating to the TLI Hub, contact the Tutor Learning Team: email